CoVid 19 and Academics
The coronavirus pandemic or CoVid-19 as it is more commonly known as has impacted the world as we know it. Even the very fabric of academia has been shaken by it.
Initially, NGIT was caught unawares as was everybody else but its brightest minds went to work, in the interest of faculty, staff, and students, and devised a strategy to not just adapt to the situation but also to deal with any eventualities arising on the account of the Pandemic. This included and was not limited to online classes for students, online staff meetings, mental well-being webinars, a faculty and staff roster, a department-wise seating chart (bearing in mind social distancing rules), provision of sanitization points across the campus, frequent sanitization of the campus, and others. These measures were taken and enacted keeping in mind the guidelines outlined by MoHFW and UGC.
You can find more information about the pandemic here
Generic Preventive Measures/CoVid-19 Appropriate Behaviour
The following public health measures are to be followed to reduce the risk of CoVid 19 by all (faculty members, employees, students, and visitors) in these places at all times.
- The physical distancing of at least 6 feet is to be followed as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory.
- Frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty.
- Respiratory etiquette is to be strictly followed. This involves the strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing of used tissues properly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- Installation of the Aarogya Setu App shall be advised wherever feasible.
** per UGC Guidelines. You can read the entire guideline here –
In view of the opening of colleges, Students and Parents are requested to sign and submit a declaration form.
To download Declaration Form, click below.