Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering at NEIL GOGTE INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY has an intake of 180.
Producing quality graduates trained in the latest software technologies and related tools and striving to make India a world leader in softwareproducts and services. To achieve academic excellence by imparting in depth knowledge to the students, facilitating research activities and catering to the fast growing and ever changing software industrial demands and societal needs
- To create a faculty pool which has a deep understanding and passion for algorithmic thought process, which can then impart these skills to the students. The faculty will be chosen with extreme care and not merely based on qualification. The faculty will have to demonstrate substantial programming and solution skill during the selection process. The faculty will be nurtured to retain their cutting edge all through their tenure.
- To impart skills in Computer Science which will not necessarily be part of the university prescribed curriculum. These skills may include programming languages, frameworks, platforms and communication skills which will help in development of a well-rounded Computer Science professional.
- To inculcate an ability in students to pursue Computer Science education throughout their lifetime. To exchange the use of multimodal learning platform including e-learning, blended learning and also remote testing and skilling.
- To ensure that the student’s scope of knowledge is not limited to the conventional and traditional use of Computer Science. The student will be given exposure to different domains, different paradigms and exposed to the financial and commercial underpinning of the modern business environment. This will be enabled through the creation of an entrepreneur development cell on the campus.
- To encourage collaboration between NGIT and various organizations of repute on various latest technological and research initiatives.
- To create a socially conscious and emotionally mature individuals who are aware of India’s challenges and opportunities and who understand and appreciate the role and responsibility of engineers towards achieving the goal of job and wealth creation.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will have successful careers in computer related engineering fields or will be able to successfully pursue advanced higher education degrees.
- Graduates will try and provide solutions to challenging problems in their profession by applying computer engineering principles.
- Graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development by rapidly adapting changing work environment.
- Graduates will communicate effectively, work collaboratively and exhibit high levels of professionalism and ethical responsibility.
Department of CSE Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
This 4 year undergraduate course of Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning is designed to make the professional technically sound in advanced learning systems that are based on algorithms of Artificial Intelligence.
NGIT offers a four-year under-graduate B.E. course in CSE Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning which aims to develop a strong foundation by using the principles and technologies that consist of many facets of Artificial Intelligence including logic, knowledge representation, probabilistic models, and machine learning. This course is best suited for students seeking to build world-class expertise in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and emerging technologies which help to stand out in the crowd and grow careers in the upcoming technological era.
The course is designed to give the students enough exposure to the variety of applications that can be built using techniques covered under this program. They shall be able to apply AI/ML methods, techniques and tools to the applications. The students shall explore the practical components of developing AI apps and platforms. Proficiency in mathematics will thrive, as this degree requires strong problem-solving and analytical skills. They shall be able to acquire the ability to design intelligent solutions for various business problems in a variety of domains and business applications. The students shall be exploring fields such as neural networks, natural language processing, robotics, deep learning, computer vision, reasoning and problem-solving.
The key objective is to identify logic and reasoning methods from a computational perspective, learn about agent, search, probabilistic models, perception and cognition, and machine learning.
Mr. Neil Gogte is the Director and heads the Keshav memorial Institute of technology.
He is a Masters Degree holder in Computer Science from IIT - Mumbai and got his B.E degree from
Osmania University, Hyderabad in 1985. He started his career with CMC Ltd., and was part of the
development team of OfficeMate, an Office Automation application. He was then part of the team at
Sun Microsystems, USA, for the development of SUNRAI, an interface to the backend ERP applications
running on IBM systems. Recently, He also headed the Leapstone Incs India Offshore development center.
Mr. Neil Gogte founded Teleparadigm Networks Ltd in 2001, a public limited and software services
provider. The company offers a wide range of services in Telecom Building Practices, Healthcare,
Finance and mobile data service based applications. Prior to this, in 1991, He established Genesis
S olutions Pvt. Ltd., an IT education and training firm. During this period he offered training and consultancy on various projects involving technologies like C, C++, Oracle, Oracle financials, SAP, Java, Microsoft.NET, J2ME and BREW. Since 1991 till date, he has been a guiding force to number of engineering graduates as well as M.Tech Students and trained more than 50,000+ professionals. He works with engineering students, who join his lab and does a number of development and experimental projects along with them every year contributing to development of software and training. He has been a very successful technocrat - entrepreneur in the area of high end technology training with over 25 years of experience in the IT industry.
A true visionary that he is, the multitude of skill sets that he has been endowed with is what motivates the team at TeleUniv to continue contributing towards the best of development and education to the society.
Mr.S. Nitin is the Director of Genesis Solutions Pvt. Ltd. He is Bachelors graduate in Electronics & Communications Engineering. Prior to this assignment ,he worked with various companies in India & Abroad in Senior Sales positions. He brings along with him more than 20 years of experience of direct Project & Product Sales in Healthcare and IT Industry.